Cambridge Regional College Apprentice named finalist in Business Awards

An apprentice from Cambridge Regional College has been selected as a finalist for the title of Huntingdonshire Apprentice of the Year in the Hunts Posts Business Awards 2018.

Melanie Le-Fort is studying a Level 2 Business Administration apprenticeship at the College as part of her employer’s, Huntingdon District Council, staff development programme.

Tina Spark Work-Based Learning Manager, Business Services & Health and Social Care, at Cambridge Regional College, nominated Melanie because she has already exceeded expectations, passing the ICT Level 1 element of her apprenticeship and working towards Level 2; showing full commitment to her qualification.

“Melanie has completed all actions set and is always ahead of target. She has taken full ownership of her apprenticeship and drives the qualification forward with an extremely positive attitude. Feedback from her managers is exemplary and she always receives very complimentary feedback from her colleagues on her attitude and the significant contribution she has made within her department”, said Tina.

Asked about her ambitions for the future, Melanie said, “I undertook an apprenticeship as a step towards building a career for myself after having children. I have found the apprenticeship was a massive first step for me to get my foot in the door and start building that career. I have enjoyed working through the units I have chosen and learning about new topics as well as gathering more knowledge on topics I already knew a little about. I feel my apprenticeship has gone well and I have always managed to keep on top of my workload.

“My workplace has always been very supportive of the apprenticeship and my college assessor has been an asset to my learning. I have thoroughly enjoyed undertaking my apprenticeship and don’t feel it could have gone better in any way.”

The range of apprenticeships available via Cambridge Regional College extends from Accounting, Business Administration and Marketing to Brickwork, Beauty Therapy, Information Technology and various types of Engineering.  In total more than 30 specialist subjects are available across the spectrum of practical, vocational, professional and trade disciplines.

The winner of Huntingdon Apprentice of the Year 2018 will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at Burgess Hall on Friday, 2ndNovember 2018.  Fingers crossed for Melanie.

Cambridge Campus Status

The Cambridge Campus is open as normal.
3/3/18

Huntingdon Campus Status

The Huntingdon Campus is open as normal.
3/3/18