Brickwork Advanced Apprenticeship
|Course Duration:||18 Month(s)|
|Course Mode:||Part Time|
The Brick (Trowel Occupations) Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship programmes are for those who are currently working in brickwork and who wish to study for an advanced qualification that is recognised by the construction industry. The course covers the knowledge and skills relating to brickwork and allied skills. A part of the course is devoted to workshop activities:
• Principles of organizing, planning and pricing construction work
• Repair and maintain masonry structures
• constructing radial and battered brickwork
• Carrying out decorative and reinforced brickwork
• constructing fireplaces and chimneys
• Health, safety and welfare in construction
The Brickwork Advanced Level Apprenticeship Framework is made up of six components. In order to be successful, candidates must achieve all six components.
• Practical Element: Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
• Technical Element: Awards Level 3 Diploma in Brickwork
• Functional Skills in Maths Level 2 and English Level 2
• Abrasive Wheels Certificate
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities: provides the apprentice with an understanding of their statutory employment rights and responsibilities, including health and safety and equal opportunities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills: develops six key areas: independent enquiry, creative thinking, reflective learning, team-working, self-managing and effective participation
Progression & Career Opportunities
On successful completion of all elements of the advanced apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to progress to further learning on the HNC/HND Construction & Built Environment course.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the college as part of the admissions process. Candidates need to be in a relevant job role, have a contract of employment and work a minimum of 30 hours a week.
For the Advanced Level Apprenticeship, candidates should have an NVQ Level 2 in Brickwork.
Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learnng and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
Learning takes place through a variety of theory and practical lessons. Students will also need to carry out personal research to enable them to successfully complete the course and guidance on this will be given by the programme assessors and tutors.
Your skills and knowledge will be continuously assessed throughout the course both in college and in the workplace; additionally each technical unit will be assessed by end multiple choice examinations and practical tests.
Support will be provided through regular meetings with your assessor.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for an Apprenticeship, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on tel. 01223 418778 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also check out our current Apprenticeship vacancies on our website www.camre.ac.uk/apprenticeships
We will help you to develop a range of wider skills including English & Maths that will make you into a well-rounded professional who will be highly valued by employers and universities.