Apprenticeship Standard Chef de Partie
|Course Duration:||2 Year(s)|
|Course Mode:||Part Time|
Our Professional Chef Apprenticeships provides the knowledge, skills and behaviours to start and develop an apprentice's chef career. You will learn the skills needed to run specific sections of a kitchen and work independently.
You will learn to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of:
• Culinary - influences of food trends, seasonality, customer preferences and use of technology on menu development, preparation, cooking and finishing methods of advanced dishes and managing resources.
• Food safety practices in line with legislation.
• People - brief, coach and motivate others and understand the importance of training to maximise team performance.
• Business - business strategy, customer profiles, principles of profit and loss, supply chain management, legislative responsibilities and risk assessment.
You will learn to demonstrate the following skills:
• Culinary - review menus in line with business requirements, advanced craft preparation and cooking skills and effective planning to control resources.
• People - brief, coach and motivate team and excellent communication.
• Business - techniques to improve competitiveness, performance, profit, costing dishes, sustainable working practices and legal requirements.
You will learn to understand and demonstrate the behaviours required to meet the needs of customers and business and team members in line with a Chef de Partie's role.
Progression & Career Opportunities
Chef de Partie at various establishments including restaurants, hotels, gastro pubs, caterers and University of Cambridge college kitchens.
You should have completed a similar Level 2 qualification and be working in an environment that produces suitable menu items. Candidates will be interviewed as part of the admissions process which will include screening and a trade assessment.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcome of an initial assessment.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
Level 3 apprentices will be assessed to the Apprenticeship standard using four complementary assessment methods: two-hour multiple-choice test, four-hour observation in the workplace, Culinary challenge project and observation, and one 90 minute professional discussion.
Level 3 Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace with regular assessor-trainer visits throughout the duration of the programme. Apprentices attend college one day a week to develop knowledge and skills in the college training kitchen environment.
The assessment events include:
• 90-minute multiple choice e-volve test
• 4-hour practical observation in the workplace
• 3-hour culinary challenge
• 90-minute professional discussion
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for an Apprenticeship, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on tel. 01223 418778 or by email email@example.com. Please also check out our current Apprenticeship vacancies on our website www.camre.ac.uk/apprenticeships
We will help you to develop a range of wider skills including English & Maths that will make you into a well-rounded professional who will be highly valued by employers and universities.