Apprenticeship Standard Hospitality Supervisor
|Course Duration:||2 Year(s)|
|Course Mode:||Part Time|
A hospitality supervisor can operate in a range of functions across a business, this may be Food & beverage Service, Front office, Housekeeping, Concierge or Events and is likely to appeal to an apprentice who has a clear career path in mind after working in one or more of the occupations.
You will learn to demonstrate understanding and knowledge of:
• Business - vision and values, targets, financial operations, operating procedures, products/services, technology, legislation.
• People & Leadership - motivate, communicate, organise your team to meet business targets and customers' needs; identify different leadership styles.
• Customers - build customer profiles, and support marketing and sales.
You will learn the following skills:
• Business - operational procedures, budget control, supervision of services and processes, identify and isolate matters of concern, use technology efficiently.
• People - plan, resource, organise and support team, set objectives, communicate effectively.
• Customers - co-ordinate team to deliver customer needs / experience, implement sales and marketing strategies, promote brand.
You will learn the following behaviours:
Understand and demonstrate the behaviours required to meet the needs of customers, the business and team members at supervisor/team leader level.
Progression & Career Opportunities
Our Hospitality Apprenticeships provides apprentices with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to be an effective Hospitality Supervisor. It is suitable for those working in a variety of businesses including restaurants, pubs, bars, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels and contract caterers.
Candidates will be interviewed as part of the admissions process which will include screening and a trade assessment.
Ideally, candidates should have three GCSEs at Grade 4 or higher, in English, Maths and one other subject. Apprentice Candidates must hold a contract of employment.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcome of an initial assessment and interview.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
The Level 3 Apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace with regular assessor-trainer visits throughout the duration of the programme. You will attend college one day a week to develop knowledge and skills.
The assessment events include:
• 2-hour multiple choice e-volve test
• 4-hour practical observation in the workplace
• business project
• professional discussion
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for an Apprenticeship, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on tel. 01223 418778 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also check out our current Apprenticeship vacancies on our website www.camre.ac.uk/apprenticeships
We will help you to develop a range of wider skills including English & Maths that will make you into a well-rounded professional who will be highly valued by employers and universities.