IT Professional Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship
|Course Duration:||20 Month|
|Course Mode:||Part Time|
These IT Professional programmes are designed to train, support and develop information technology professionals employed in a broad range of roles providing IT services. As well as covering basic hardware and software, the programmes include concepts such as networking, IT security and system analysis and design. Emphasis is also placed on the ability of the learner to communicate and provide excellent customer service. The Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals is ideal for those looking to progress in their career or to learn new ICT skills. It is also appropriate for those looking to enter higher education.
Apprenticeships are made up of framework of qualifications and training based on testing competency and developing practical, occupational and transferable skills:
City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence (QCF)
• Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
• Health and Safety in ICT at Level 1
Choose from a range of optional units to enhance your learning experience and tailor the programme to your individual training needs.
City and Guilds Level 3 Certificate for IT Systems and Principles for Apprentices (QCF).
This qualification will provide underpinning knowledge and recognise skills in Systems Support, software development and telecommunications in the workplace which will help to tailor employees' knowledge to their specific job.
• Functional Skills in Maths Level 2, English Level 2 and ICT Level 2
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
This apprenticeship takes 20 months to complete and has a flexible start date. There is no upper age limit for Apprenticeships making it a course ideal for both those looking to start a career in a particular sector or those who are already employed and looking to get qualifications that recognise their experience and gives them opportunity to progress further in their career.
No learner fees. Employer fees as follows:
• 16-18 years old - fully government funded (no fees)
• 19-23 years old - fully funded for companies with less than 250 employees; employer fees apply for those with 250+ employees
• 24+ years old - partially-funded (employer fees apply)
Progression & Career Opportunities
This programme builds on existing skills, while offering the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications that are important to progression in the industry. The successful completion will lead to vendor-specific certificates offered by Cisco and Microsoft. Progression onto the following would be possible:
• further vendor-specific qualifications such as MCSE or CCNP.
• Higher Apprenticeship for ICT Professionals (Framework code 341) .
• to higher IT NVQ (IT Professional) or other relevant NVQ Levels 4 and 5.
• Higher Education such as Foundation Degree or HNC/D such as Network Computing or Telecommunications; Honours Degree such as IT Management for Business.
• development of competencies in other non-IT sectors such as management, finance, business skills or other company/employer requirements.
It is expected that potential learners at this level will already have completed their IT Professional Apprenticeship or have other experience and skills to this level. A suitable role for this framework would involve supporting others with their IT needs. This could include: IT user support, database assistants and clerks, computer engineers, IT operations technicians and software professionals, but there are many roles that could be considered suitable. Work at this level should involve a significant level of responsibility and autonomy.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
This programme is delivered with a mixture of day-release and visits from your assessor at your place of work. Day-release varies according to the options that you choose at this level. A significant level of self-study may also be required. Credit will be given for those with prior experience, knowledge and qualifications, which can cut down on the amount of day-release needed to complete this programme.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for an Apprenticeship, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on tel. 01223 418778 or by email email@example.com. Please also check out our current Apprenticeship vacancies on our website www.camre.ac.uk/apprenticeships
We will help you to develop a range of wider skills including English & Maths that will make you into a well-rounded professional who will be highly valued by employers and universities.