First-choice Apprenticeship Provider
Apprenticeships deliver the whole package of on-the-job training and occupationally-relevant qualifications that develop the skills, knowledge and expertise of your employees. We are one of the top training providers in the East of England for apprenticeships and CPD training. Our wide variety of training provision means that you will find excellent training that matches your company’s needs and delivers real business benefit.
Download our useful Employer Guide to Apprenticeships
Who can you employ as an apprentice?
There is no age limit for apprentices, so you can choose to take on a new apprentice, giving a school leaver the opportunity to train and grow with your business, or enable your existing employees to benefit from increased skills and gain
Why Cambridge Regional College?
- We have invested more than 10 million pounds in new training workshops and facilities
- We are a UK top 20 apprenticeship provider
- We are OFSTED rated Good and were praised for the work we do with local employers
- All our assessors and tutors are vocationally-qualified and have industry experience
- We provide a free recruitment service
What can you expect from us?
- We will live by our values to offer a friendly and effective service throughout the recruitment process and apprenticeship
- We will deliver the highest quality training and tuition
- We will advertise your apprenticeship vacancy online if you are recruiting a new member of staff into your business
- We will email your apprenticeship vacancy to over 2,000 job alert subscribers
- We will manage and screen your candidates as per your directions
- We will match vacancies to known candidates including existing students
- We will register your apprentice on the Digital Apprenticeship Service
- We will advise on any available grants or funding
- We will carry out an organisational needs analysis to make sure we provide you with the most suitable training options
What occupational areas do we offer apprenticeship training in?
- Business & Management
- Catering & Hospitality
- Care, Childcare and Early Years Education
- Computing and IT
- Hair & Beauty
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Vehicle Maintenance
To view the full range of apprenticeship programmes delivered at Cambridge Regional College, please click on the below button:
The easy steps to recruiting an apprentice
Employers fall into one of three categories for apprenticeship funding:
Companies with an annual wage bill of over £3 million will have to pay an apprenticeship levy of 0.5% directly to HMRC through the PAYE process. The amount you have available to spend is calculated on a monthly basis as follows:
Your levy is 0.5% of your gross annual payroll, less a £15,000 allowance. The balance is then divided by 12 and rounded down to the nearest pound. This gives a monthly levy payment which is then multiplied by the % of your employees living in England. The government tops that up by 10%, which gives you the final monthly amount. Employers can use this allowance for
apprenticeship training through an approved training provider such as Cambridge Regional College.
Employers who are not eligible to pay the apprenticeship levy will have to pay 10% towards the cost of apprenticeship training. This can be paid in three ways:
• Upfront payment
• Instalments over the first three months
• Or, if over £900, instalments across 12 months
This applies to companies with less than 50 employees taking a 16-18 year old apprentice. Apprenticeship training is
fully funded for these companies which means there is no fee to you as an employer.
Ready to recruit an apprentice or upskill your existing staff?
Contact our apprenticeship team by completing the below contact form or call us on 01223 418778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org